Soliciting Firefox bug-filing advice

Christopher Beland beland at alum.mit.edu
Wed May 6 03:22:34 UTC 2009

If you have any advice for someone reporting or triaging a Firefox bug
(especially if you have experience doing so yourself), your input would
be most welcome on the section I just created:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Bugs_and_feature_requests#Firefox

We also have the existing:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/StackTraces#Obtaining_stack_traces_from_Firefox

Feel free to edit the wiki pages directly.

I thought, hey, there must be more general-access Firefox debugging
advice.  I did find the below pages, but they can be confusing if you
use Fedora's package install method and not Firefox's own installer.  I
suppose they are also editable, so Fedora-specific content could be
added to the Linux versions of appropriate pages.

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Basic+Troubleshooting
http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Firefox+hangs
http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Firefox+crashes

-B.