2009-05-14 - Fedora Test Day - IBus input method

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Wed May 13 02:14:52 UTC 2009

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 10:07:00PM -0400, Akira TAGOH wrote:
> ----- "Scott Robbins" <scottro at nyc.rr.com> wrote:
>
> | I played with ibus, finally, on Rawhide.  It will work in fluxbox,
> | and
> | works with OpenOffice and firefox. Scim seems to have regressed, no
> | longer working in openoffice.  While ibus was installed, when I
> | started
> | openoffice with LC_CTYPE=ja_JP.UTF-8 I got errors that it was trying
> | contact ibus, so I'm wondering if this has broken scim--which works
> | perfectly with OO in F10, (as long as I remove ibus.)
>
> Have you changed IM from im-chooser? you need to choose one there when you have multiple IMs installed at least.

Yes, I did that.

> | It also doesn't work with my two most common apps where I use
> | Japanese,
> | urxvt and/or uxterm.
> |
> | It doesn't work in opera.
>
> How is it not working? at least urxvt works for me though.

Hrrm, you're doing better than I am.  I set up a VM as well, with Gnome,
I'll try it in that.

By not working, I mean I do not get the opportunity to enter Japanese,
even if I set LC_ALL (and of course, XMODIFIERS).

With urxt and opera, however, nothing happens.

On the other hand, with the Gnome VM, it does work in Gnome-terminal. It
seems to be working very well with all GTK apps, and I do have high
hopes for it.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Buffy: You read my diary? That is not OK. A diary is like a
person's most private possession. You don't even know what I was
writing about. Hunk can mean a lot of things, bad things. And,
and when I said his eyes were penetrating, I meant bulging.
Angel: Buffy...
Buffy: A doesn't even stand for Angel for that matter. It stand
for Achmed, a charming foreign exchange student. And that whole
fantasy part has nothing to even do with you, at all...
Angel: Your mother moved your diary when she came in to
straighten up. I watched her from the closet. I didn't read it, I
swear.
Buffy: Oh.