Different problem with preupgrade

Reid Rivenburgh reidr at pobox.com
Wed May 20 01:55:32 UTC 2009

preupgrade appeared to run successfully for me earlier today.  I
eventually rebooted the machine, and it seemed to go through
normal-looking anaconda things.  After a brief time, I got to a screen
where I wasn't able to scroll back more than a few lines, and the
install had died.  The final message was that I could safely reboot
(and thankfully, I could go back to a working F10 kernel).  I wrote
down a few of the last lines, since I can't find a log:

File "/usr/lib/anaconda/storage/devicetree.py", line 1108, in addUdevDiskDevice
if device.partedDisk.type == "mac" and len(device.partedDisk.partitions) == 1
AttributeError: 'NameType' object has no attribute 'type'
install exited abornmally [1/1]

Formatting is probably a bit off there.  There was more to the
backtrace, but I hope that's enough to point someone in the right
direction.  Again, I have a x86_64 (not mac!), trying to preupgrade
from an updated F10 to F11/Rawhide.  Let me know if any additional
info would be helpful.  Thanks!

--
Reid

Fran Lebowitz  - "If you're going to America, bring your own food." -
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/f/fran_lebowitz.html