r8101 in F12

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 12:11:48 UTC 2009

On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 1:58 AM, Joseph L. Casale
<JCasale at activenetwerx.com> wrote:

>>> Looks like there is no support for 8101 in 2.6.31 kernels,
>>
>>How do you mean? Can you provide more details?
>
> I just searched the web and found that a few Ubuntu users w/ 2.6.31 kernels
> could not build realteks source.

Well, please ignore the vendor driver, it is crap (it is used as
"documentation" to write the proper driver i.e r8169).

Also can you provide a dmesg output and what do you mean by "nic does
not work" ?

Is it simply not detected or does it refuse to transfer any data?