ath9k

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Sun Nov 8 19:37:02 UTC 2009

On Sun, Nov 08, 2009 at 11:16:58AM -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-11-08 at 09:11 -0500, Scott Robbins wrote:
> > I'm wondering how others are finding ath9k.  I'm finding in 2.6.31
> > kernels that it will constantly drop connections. I see various and
> > sundy bugs on both bugzilla and the kernel's bugzilla.
> >
> > Have others also been finding it to not work very well?
> > (This is on an Asus 1000HE, with an Atheros 928x)
>
> as a general note, I find the ath9k in my Vaio P seems to work very
> unreliably and even manage to knock down the wireless for _other_
> systems connected to my router as long as it's attempting to work at
> 802.11n speeds. If I kick my router down to 802.11g speeds, all is
> roses. Are you running at n or g?

A combo n/g according to the router--a DLink DIR 655.  (Though I tend to
doubt that, as I've always been under the impression that to run at N,
everything has to be at N.  I think one printer and my older laptop are
both G only.

I'm trying the suggestion I saw somewhere--hrrm, the bug that Bruno
mentioned?  of running

iwconfig wlan0 power off

It's been working for at least 10 minutes now.  :)

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Giles:  Demons after money.  Whatever happened to the still-beating
heart of a virgin?  No one has any standards anymore.