any life-threatening danger in upgrading my f11 box to rawhide?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sun Nov 8 21:28:49 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-11-08 at 15:18 -0500, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> yes, i realize f12 is just around the corner but there are some
> things i'd like to test WRT f12 so i'm thinking i can just enable the
> rawhide repo, throw caution to the winds and update my current system,
> and deal with any subsequent breakage.
>
>   as long as doing that doesn't cause my laptop to burst into flame, i
> figure i can handle the consequences.

I think we can fairly confidently discount the possibility of flames, at
least :)

upgrading via yum is not really supported - preupgrade is preferred -
but there is documentation for it on the wiki:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Upgrading_Fedora_using_yum

including a specific section for f11->f12:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Upgrading_Fedora_using_yum#Fedora_11_-.3E_Rawhide_.28Fedora_12.29

take a gander at those before you start.