VMware Player 3 DOES NOT work on Rawhide

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Mon Nov 9 17:00:20 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 09, 2009 at 11:39:40AM -0500, Jonathan Kamens wrote:
> Please note that I *did* look for alternatives to VMware before going down
> this route.  First, I tried Qemu.  Unfortunately, I can't use KVM with it
> because my CPU doesn't support Intel-VT, and apparently the folks who
> maintain Qemu for Fedora have decided not to support kqemu, so the
> performance of Qemu is positively awful, and in fact it's so slow that the
> application that I need to run on Windows (TurboTax) doesn't work.

kqemu has been unmaintained upstream for a long time now, and upstream
QEMU developers finally deleted it entirely. Fedora is just following
upstream's recommendation which is to not support kqemu and as of F11
we don't even need to disable it, the kqemu code simply doesn't exist
anymore.

Regards,
Daniel