"yum update gcc" runs into libmudflap-devel

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Nov 10 18:12:22 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-11-10 at 18:55 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> are irrelevant unless you can show that they are the culprit. Or are you
> aware of third-party GCC packages for F-12 that cause such a problem?

Thinking about it, perhaps you don't quite understand what I'm saying.
it doesn't have to have anything to do with gcc. All it would require is
for any package to be installed which had dependencies satisfied by the
f11 libmudflap-devel package but not the f12 libmudflap-devel package.
That would cause yum to want to keep the f11 libmudflap-devel package
instead of updating to the f12 one, with the result seen in the initial
post. that was all I was thinking of.