How to update to a default install (was:Re: As of F12 RC3 my printer model is still not shown)

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 06:00:16 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-11-11 at 16:50 +1100, Rodd Clarkson wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-11-11 at 06:07 +0200, cornel panceac wrote:
> > i had tiis problem too, and istalling foomatic fixed it. maybe
> > foomatic was too big to include in live cd?
>
> I had the same experience too, with the same printer using a LiveCD.
>
> This come's back to a questions I asked recently, but to which no answer
> was forthcoming.
>
> Is there a command I can run that will 'update' a LiveCD installed to a
> default install (based off of a DVD/CD Set) that will bring my newly
> installed system up to speed?
>
> This would be a awesome feature (instead of having to poke around and
> figure out what I'm missing from a 'normal' install.
>

> Rodd

hi,

I don't think such a command exists. If it does, I'm certainly unaware
of it. You can run

yum grouplist

and install the groups you need. That's probably the closest you can
get.

Having said that, I do think that a tool that updates a Live install to
a dvd install would be a huge success. Can't it be done using the yum
groups? A "Dvd install" group or something? Just an idea.

regards,

Ankur