new kernel-2.6.32-0.33.rc5.git1.fc13.i686 does not install correctly

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Tue Nov 17 02:08:47 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 08:46:08PM -0500, Scott Robbins wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 07:34:12PM -0500, Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
>

> In my case, I didn't see this error message.  However, I might have
> overlooked it, I wasn't watching each of about 500 plus transactions
> closely.  However, grub didn't list it as an entry and there was no
> intrafs image.
>
> Just for fun, I manually added it, wondering if I'd missed some
> discussion somewhere, and just left out the initrd line.  It booted
> without problem.  I'm actually using it now, to ssh into a BSD box that
> I use for most mail.

To update, following advice from the earlier email, I installed hwcalcc,
uninstalled the 2.6.32 kernel, and reinstalled it.  This time it added
the entry to menu.lst and also created an initramfs image in /boot.

To me, the biggest thing is the apparent improvement in the ath9k.
Anyone else with that card tried it?

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Angel: I'm weak. I've never been anything else. I wanted to lose
myself in you. I know it will cost me my soul, and part of me
didn't care. It's not the demon in me that needs killing, Buffy,
it's the man.