X server Resolution Catch-22 Fedora 12

Jim Haynes jhhaynes at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 24 00:09:58 UTC 2009

On Sun, 22 Nov 2009, Michal Jaegermann wrote:

> Why on earth you would use something so weird when
> 'system-config-display' and 'xvidtune' are doing an excellent job
> (including dumping mode lines if you are so inclined)?
>
>    Michal

Also, I was working right after some lightning damage to the computer,
replacing it with another computer, not knowing if the ability to read
data from the monitor had been damaged in the process.  All I knew was
that system-config-display said the monitor was unknown, and that under
Windows it worked OK.  I wasn't aware of those Linux programs that have
been mentioned for dumping mode lines.