increasing grub timeout?

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Wed Nov 25 00:41:27 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 08:32:51AM +0800, John Summerfield wrote:
> Jesse Keating wrote:
>>

> I know all that, and it's still a problem. Three seconds is too short,
> especially when there's no visible menu and no instructions.

Ok, I just said 3 seconds as an arbitrary compromise.  I have no trouble
with longer delays.  :)

However, Jesse says that he doesn't think our arguments will change
this.  It would be great if one could actually edit grub.conf duuring
installation--don't know how trivial or non-trivial that is.

The trouble is, as I like to quote here, when making things idiot proof,
you can't, as nature will always build a better idiot.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Buffy: You're missing the whole point of Halloween.
Willow: Free candy?!