Un-asked-for-language support

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Wed Nov 25 00:46:19 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 08:40:31AM +0800, John Summerfield wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> On 11/25/2009 05:53 AM, Jim Haynes wrote:
>>

>> It is installed by default to provide the broadest possible locale
>> support out of the box. For users of these locales, doing it
>> post-installation is often difficult.
>
> As I mentioned in another thread yesterday, currently it's not possible
> to prevent this.
>
> I don't see why an Australian user (for example) should automatically
> get all the middle-eastern and asian fonts. It is true we have a
> significant Vietnamese community here in WA, they should be able to
> _ask_ for their language support during installed.

This is one I don't quite understand either--I had thought that someone
was working on it though, to install for the locale being used.  No?

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Anya: Listen, I have this little project I'm working on, and I
heard you were the person to ask if...
Willow: Yeah, that's me. Reliable dog-geyser-person.