increasing grub timeout?

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Wed Nov 25 04:06:29 UTC 2009

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 07:32:53PM -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-11-24 at 19:41 -0500, Scott Robbins wrote:
>
> > The trouble is, as I like to quote here, when making things idiot proof,
> > you can't, as nature will always build a better idiot.
>
> If you're aiming for the Douglas Adams quotation, it's "A common mistake
> people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to
> underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." :)

No, I was thinking of this one--from FreeBSD's fortune.  (Probably
Linux's fortune as well, but I only have it on FreeBSD.)

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying
to produce bigger and better idiots.  So far, the Universe is winning.

                -- Rich Cook

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Xander: Are you ready to get down, you funky party weasel?