Johns thoughts on F13

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Thu Nov 26 03:34:49 UTC 2009

John Summerfield said the following on 11/23/2009 09:42 PM Pacific Time:

<cut>

> The third install has completed, and it's defied my selections. Amongst
> other things, I specifically excluded base-x but again it's installed as
>  shown by the kickstart file anaconda has produces. I specifically
> excluded all the *Support packages, individually by name, and again I
> have heaps of useless fonts.

<cut>

I've been playing with minimal installs recently.  Definitely no X or
fonts here :)  I'd be curious to how many packages it installs for F13.

Here is my current favorite kickstart.

#version=F12
install
url --url=http://localserver.lan/fedora/12/x86_64
lang en_US.UTF-8
keyboard us
network --device eth0 --bootproto dhcp
rootpw  --iscrypted blahblahblah
firewall --service=ssh
authconfig --enableshadow --passalgo=sha512 --enablefingerprint
selinux --enforcing
timezone --utc America/Los_Angeles
bootloader --location=mbr --driveorder=vda --append=" LANG=en_US.UTF-8
SYSFONT=latarcyrheb-sun16 KEYBOARDTYPE=pc KEYTABLE=us"

repo --name="Fedora 12 - x86_64 - Updates"
--baseurl=http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/updates/12/x86_64/

%packages --nobase
crontabs
mailx