NVIDIA / nouveau thread branch [was Re: Fedora 12 QA retrospective - feedback needed]

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Thu Nov 26 04:05:36 UTC 2009

On 11/25/2009 03:56 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> dmesg might be interesting. I wonder if it depends on the chipset.

Setting nomodeset on the kernel line was required, but the modules are
co-loaded.

The attached is from my laptop.

I've used nouveau and nvidia with F11 as well, but KMS was not defaulted
on in F11 so "nomodeset" was not required at the time. Now it is.

If KMS is left on, you will see nvidia module messages such as "blah
blah blah in use is nvidiafb loaded?" etc.