HOWTO debug dracut

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Fri Oct 2 01:35:13 UTC 2009

On 10/01/2009 11:53 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-10-01 at 23:39 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>
>> set while other
>> voices in the community think that they should have University, RHCE
>> or
>> some other degree stuck up their ass to be able to participate in
>> testing or other aspects of the community
>>
> I think you're setting up a straw man here. I haven't seen anyone on
> this list suggest any such thing, and I don't see that any of the
> existing pages are intentionally written in this way. It would be good
> to have consistent styles for such pages, but there's no need to set it
> up in such a confrontational way.

As I said "other voices" I never said they resided on this list ( I dont
keep tap who's on this list or any other list for that matter ) however
you should recall atleast one such debate when we rewrote/redesigned the
QA frontpage on the wiki..  I feel we definitively needs some wiki rules
and regulations. When I started to write wiki pages I was pointed out
that I should write those pages on my name space followed by pointing
other members of the community to that page and if the community was
happy with the content/layout it would be move to the front  if not I
should A) rewrite the page according to suggestion and resubmit or B)
those that did not agree with the content layout of that page should
draft what ever they think it should look like and submit that. if I
would change an already published wiki page I should comment in the page
it self why I made those changes . Now I had barely finished wikifying
for example Sysrq ( Now  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Sysrq ) and
was waiting for feed back from the community ( for example if it was
simple/clear enough ) when it got yanked out of my personal space and
dump where it resides now ( which probably not where the wiki admins
want it to reside ). Either we create pages at will submit them when
accepted they get move to the front then if a rewriting ( other than
minor changes such as typo fixing etc ) occurs the individual that wants
to rewrite the current page does so on his own name space and submits
his changes or everybody hack everything everywhere on the wiki and
constantly play wiki rewriting ping pong game of how their perception on
how things should look/be written. One half says user your own namespace
and submit your suggestion comment when changing.the other halfs says
wanna change something on the wiki change it. I think the community
needs to agree on which way it should be.

JBG

PS.
      Good coders make crappy documents. If and when they find the time
to write them they usually tend to be to technical/development oriented
even tho the indented audience is the end user.