progress report: f12 beta x86_64 on gateway mx7120

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Thu Oct 15 05:07:43 UTC 2009

On Wed, 14 Oct 2009, Adam Williamson wrote:

> Hi, Robert. If you can - as quickly as you can - could you test this
> build of firstboot:
>
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=136672
>
> and see how it works for you? Just download and install the appropriate
> package for your arch, then edit /etc/sysconfig/firstboot and change the
> NO to YES, and run 'chkconfig firstboot on' as root. Then restart and it
> should boot into firstboot. Are the buttons visible now? I hope they may
> be, but I suspect they won't.
>
> Don't run through the wizard either way, it may have unpredictable
> results. Once you've tested, reboot to runlevel 3 (add '3' as a kernel
> parameter), quit out of the system-config menu thing that loads up, log
> in as root, and change /etc/sysconfig/firstboot back to NO and disable
> the firstboot service.
>
> thanks!

  sorry for the delay -- yes, that solves my issue, i can now see the
entire screen in firstboot.  and i ran thru firstboot in its entirety
since this is just a test system and there's nothing worth saving.
so, from the perspective of just being able to see the entire screen,
it looks good.

  OTOH, xdpyinfo still thinks i have a 2080x800 display but we already
know that's a different issue.

rday