kmplayer but not mplayer???

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 08:00:41 UTC 2009

Hello,
mplayer is in rpmfusion while its front-end kmplayer is in F11 repo  ...
what is the sense?
In F12 beta it seems the same thing.
Any particular reason for not having mplayer in Fedora itself?
It seems not due to license, as on its home page:

MPlayer is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the
terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software
Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later
version.
Also, this for rpmfusion mantainers or Fedora if mplayer will be included:
as libvdpau is now in fedora, could mplayer be directly compiled for its
support so that we happy users of nvidia cards have no need to recompile an
own version of mplayer?
In F11 with "mplayer -vo help" I cannot see it....

Thanks in advance,
Gianluca