New BugZapper Introduction

TK009 john.brown009 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 17:26:55 UTC 2009

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 03:10:11PM +0100, Renato Caldas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've just applied to the BugZappers group. My name is Renato Caldas,
> and I'm an Electrical Engineer. I'm presently working as an
> investigator at LSTS-FEUP, Portugal.
>
> I've been using Linux for over 6 years now, during which time I've
> done a lot of programming (mainly in C, but also in other languages),
> and made some small contributions to some projects. I've also helped
> as a translator.
>
> I've installed Fedora some weeks ago, having been with Gentoo for
> almost 5 years. I eventually got tired of compiling every piece of
> software in the system :) During that time I also helped around in
> gentoo's bugzilla, by testing, triaging and actually fixing some bugs.
>
> I've been enjoying the Fedora experience, and now I want to help :)
> Cheers,
>   Renato Caldas
>
> --

Hello Renato, welcome to the group!
I will approve your group membership in a second. We've have a list of components which we'd like BugZappers to work on as a priority.

The list
is: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/Components_and_Triagers

we'd recommend you pick a component from that list that you feel comfortable working on, then contact its maintainer to say you'll be working on triaging it, and ask if they have any tips or special requests. Then read:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugsAndFeatureRequests
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/BugStatusWorkFlow
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/Tools
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/FindingBugs
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/How_to_Triage
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/FindingDuplicates
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/StockBugzillaResponses

To see how the process works (I know that looks like a lot of pages, but several of them are pretty short, and they all work together).
Please do join #fedora-bugzappers and ask if you have any questions or problems, there's usually another team member around who can help you out.
Thanks a lot for volunteering your time! Do come out to the next meeting - they're Tuesdays at 15:00 UTC - if you have the time, and we can welcome you there.

Edward Kirk (IRC: TK009)