checksum/disk theories?

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Wed Oct 21 04:19:13 UTC 2009

Tom Horsley wrote:

> Yea, I tried doing an echo and they sure looked like the right
> order. My best guess at the moment is some sort of intermittent
> bit dropping in the usb stick, but it takes a long time to

Are USB sticks and such inherently that slow? I've got 20 Mbytes/sec and
better off laptop drives in enclosures, but haven't used the sticks much
as they're too small or too expensive. However, I bought a card reader
and was dismayed to find ot takes 70 minutes and more to copy a full
4Gbyte CF disk (Sandisk Ultra II) supposedly capable of 15 Mbytes/sec.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait