wireless always switched on on boot

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Oct 22 21:23:13 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-10-22 at 22:54 +0200, Martin Sourada wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-10-22 at 13:15 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > I don't think NM is written to assume that the settings you choose for
> > 'Enable Networking' and 'Enable Wireless' should be preserved across
> > boots. Dan, what's the status of this? Is it expected behaviour for
> > those statuses to be preserved? If not, do you think it should be?

> Actually this seems to be a slightly wider problem. My bluetooth adapter
> does not remember it's state across boots either (and stopped doing so
> at the same time as the wifi adapter -- in F11) and is always on during
> boot.

As far as I know NM *manages* the 'enable wireless / wired' settings, it
doesn't just *control* settings that are actually implemented elsewhere,
so that would appear to be a different problem. F12 is built to enable
bluetooth 'on demand', according to the feature notes, that could have
something to do with it.