Beta on Beta: VMware Workstation 7 RC on F12B?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Oct 26 08:45:36 UTC 2009

On 10/26/2009 07:08 AM, James Cassell wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 21:34:29 -0400, David <dgboles at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> You do understand just why you got the "negative feedback" about Nvidia
>> correct? Since the code is no OSS they can not fix it or help you.
>
> Of course I understand.  It just seemed to me that it was being
> suggested that I put a bug in the fedora bugzilla about the SELinux
> error having to do with VMware, which is why I brought it up.

James,

SELinux policy in Fedora has a number of workarounds to enable common
software to run. Some of the issues cannot be resolved easily without
reducing the overall security considerably. It is hard to say without
seeing the AVC messages from /var/log/audit.  If you will file a bug
report, the SELinux policy maintainer, Dan Walsh can look into it.  I do
recommend filing it anyway.

Rahul