problems using fixed window sizes

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Tue Oct 27 10:12:00 UTC 2009

David wrote:
> On 10/26/2009 10:49 AM, Fulko Hew wrote:

> But from the way that you wrote this it sounded more like pebcak.  :-)
>
> Virtualbox, when configured correctly and in fullscreen mode, looks just
> like a 'real' install of the guest OS. The only way there could be
> sliders on the right side or the left side of the application windows
> would be if that was a normal display. An application that was in a
> windowed (not fullscreen) mode. Also note that the Guest OS needs to be
> configured correctly too.

It might, but have you tried running any Linux distro which hasn't
recognised your graphics and so configured to tis default which, I
think, is VGA. Something unbelievably small by today's standards. Has
there been any desktop hardware in the past 15 or so years that couldn't
do at least 1024x768?

--

Cheers
John