F12 Rawhide defaults to US keyboard layout

Christoph Frieben christoph.frieben at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 28 09:00:46 UTC 2009

2009/10/28 Tom Mannerhagen

> Hi
>
> At every start the system defaults to US keyboard layout in spite of always being removed from the list of layouts.
> I found that the login screen shows me a list of USA and Swedish keyboard, and always defaults to USA.
> Defaulting US layout seems to be a new 'feature' since some updates ago, because I can not remember I had this behavior earlier.
>
> The installed system is based on the earliest F12 alpha release that was made available as an ISO, always in phase with the rawhide updates.
>

> hälsningar / regards
>
> Tom Mannerhagen

I have observed this issue after installing from the live CD when
automatic login had already begun before I had changed the keyboard
layout from US to the local one. After launching liveinst and choosing
the local scheme in the installer, GDM would still default to the US
scheme on the installed system. When the correct layout had been
chosen for the live session already, this issue did not occur. ~C