F12 Rawhide defaults to US keyboard layout

Josep Puigdemont josep.puigdemont at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 09:13:46 UTC 2009

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 10:00 AM, Christoph Frieben
<christoph.frieben at googlemail.com> wrote:
> 2009/10/28 Tom Mannerhagen
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> At every start the system defaults to US keyboard layout in spite of always being removed from the list of layouts.
>> I found that the login screen shows me a list of USA and Swedish keyboard, and always defaults to USA.
>> Defaulting US layout seems to be a new 'feature' since some updates ago, because I can not remember I had this behavior earlier.
>>
>> The installed system is based on the earliest F12 alpha release that was made available as an ISO, always in phase with the rawhide updates.
>>

>> hälsningar / regards
>>
>> Tom Mannerhagen
>
> I have observed this issue after installing from the live CD when
> automatic login had already begun before I had changed the keyboard
> layout from US to the local one. After launching liveinst and choosing
> the local scheme in the installer, GDM would still default to the US
> scheme on the installed system. When the correct layout had been
> chosen for the live session already, this issue did not occur. ~C

I don't think I've seen the same behavior, I did select the correct
keyboard layout after booting with the Live CD, and then installed the
Beta to the HD. When I rebooted firstboot popped up, added a new user.
When logged in as that user the keyboard was still defaulted to US
layout (I guess GDM was defaulted to that, I didn't pay attention).

IIRC, the first screen during installation from the LiveCD asked for
the keyboard layout, I would have expected GDM to default to that
layout after reboot.

I'll try again with the RC to be sure, though.

/Josep