selinux error after starting vpn

David L idht4n at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 16:53:33 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 3:53 PM, Adam Williamson<awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-08-30 at 13:45 -0700, David L wrote:
>> I don't know much about selinux, so I'm not sure if this is normal or not,
>> but I got this error after starting a pptp vpn connection with NetworkManager:
>>
>> SELinux denied access requested by ip-up. It is not expected that this
>> access is required by ip-up and this access may signal an intrusion
>> attempt. It is also possible that the specific version or
>> configuration of the application is causing it to require additional
>> access.
>
> The SELinux stuff now makes it extremely easy to report problems; you
> can do it just with one click on a button in sealert. Please do this for
> all SELinux alerts you see, rather than filtering through this list
> first, we want to get _all_ the reports you see. The SELinux maintainers
> are very fast about looking at reports and taking appropriate action.

My sealert seems broken.  It says "no alerts to view", but then says
"This alert has occurred 3 times since ...".  When I click "Full error
report", it's blank.  When I click on show all, I get a window showing
4 different alerts with a count associated with each.  If I double click
on one of those lines, it closes the "show all" window and the original
window looks the same as before but with a different count for the
number of times the error has occurred (the count of the error line
that I double clicked on).  I don't see any button to report problems.
There is a copy to clipboard button, but that seems to do nothing.

Cheers...

          David

PS - I'm on a different computer than the one that I originally reported
the problem on.  I'll try that system when I get home tonight.