SOLVED: ldap authentication broken in rawhide?

David L idht4n at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 19:49:56 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 3:52 PM, David L wrote:
> I'm trying to authenticate with LDAP in rawhide, and
> I can't log in.  The same ldap.conf file works in f11.
> My sysadmin created that file several fedora releases
> ago and it has worked just copying it forward until
> now.  I know he added stuff that can't be added with
> system-config-authentication -> configure ldap, and
> I don't understand all of the changes that he made.
> Is anybody else having problems with LDAP in rawhide?

OK, I'm an idiot.  With Nalin's help, I determined
I didn't have LDAP authentication enabled.  I forgot
that system-config-authentication doesn't show the
authentication tab by default (it shows the user
information tab).  So I thought I had enabled
ldap authentication but I hadn't.  Sorry for the false
alarm.

Thanks,

                      David