rawhide report: 20090905 changes

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Fri Sep 11 10:46:19 UTC 2009

On Sat, Sep 05, 2009 at 08:52:10AM -0500, Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 5, 2009 at 8:38 AM, David Boles<dgboles at comcast.net> wrote:

> > And why?
>
> Hopefully fewer people will ignore it.

So what is one supposed to do if a package that one does not own is
mentioned in the report? You hopefully know that maintainers seem to
receive personal mails in case one of their packages has a broken
dependency. At least I got this recently because of the openssl rebuild.

Also the information is imho missing the important information of
whether the broken dependency is there for more than N reports, i.e. did
the maintainer of the package in question already have time to fix it.
I do not see much value in many people have to read that a package of
mine has a broken dependency, if I fix it before the next rawhide
compose anyhow.

Nevertheless I found it useful to get notifications of new packages in
Rawhide, which are now not easily accessible.

Regards
Till