Problem with nv driver on FC12

Jim mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 11 21:43:46 UTC 2009

On 09/11/2009 02:04 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-09-11 at 13:40 -0400, Jim wrote:
>

>> Well I updated and got a new kernel-2.6.31-2.fc12.i686, rebooted new kernel
>> w/o xorg.conf and got no X , below attachment /var/log/Xorg.0.log.
>>
> The problem is:
>
> [drm] failed to load kernel module "nouveau"
> (EE) [drm] drmOpen failed.
>
> have you installed the proprietary driver on this system at any point?
> is the 'nvidia' kernel module loading and preventing the 'nouveau'
> kernel module from loading?

Things are  crazy goings on here guys.
I still have three different kernels installed and every time I switch
between them , Selinux always has to do a Relabelling before it can go on .

After it gets to a final point I get a error message;

"Cannot open Theme file /usr/share/kde4/apps/kdm/themes/Constantine"

and there it locks up. Is there a possibility that Selinux is mislabelling ?
It probably wouldn't make any difference to disable Selinux at this point.

I think I'm going to shut down FC12-Alpha and hope it gets more stable
by Nov.

I have been using a FC10 Rescue cd to check on FC12 install.
I went and found a FC12 Rescue cd , but when I run it it won't allow my
Network to be activated, The FC10 rescue cd has no problems on
activating my Broadcom B44 card from connecting.