Announcing Fedora 12 Snapshot 3

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Sun Sep 20 02:31:37 UTC 2009

On 09/19/2009 01:52 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 09/19/2009 11:22 PM, Robert L Cochran wrote:
>
>> If I already have an earlier (1+ weeks ago?) nightly compose installed,
>> will doing a 'yum update' on that system bring me up to date with
>> Snapshot 3 and beyond?
>>
> Yes except that you won't be testing the installer itself.
>
> Rahul

Well, I yum-ed and presto-ed about 450 Mb or so of updates (covering a
little less than 500 packages) and at yum's cleanup step #777 of 972,
something like glibc stalled the entire cleanup process then and there.
I was able to shower and shave and step 777 was still running, with the
hard drive spinning like mad. I did ctrl-c to kill the process and
rebooted the machine. Result:

Plymouth doesn't prompt for the disk encryption password any more, but
if you type the password in anyhow and press enter, this will be used
for decryption and the boot process will start.

Thunderbird 3.0b3 still will not recognize my migrated email account
like it used to. It may be that the 'cleanup' step for Thunderbird was
needed.

I guess I'll do a wholesale reinstall from the snapshot ISO.

Bob