Boot freeze with 2.6.31-33.fc12.x86_64

Sergey Rudchenko sergey.rudchenko at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 18:16:13 UTC 2009

Hi there,

After recent updates on Rawhide I ran into troubles with system booting.
I'm not sure about the exact component, but I suspect the dracut. The
machine is a laptop, so I don't have a serial port to debug it on-line.

Please help me to figure out what's happening (I'll file a bugreport,
just want to ensure it will be useful).

Some info:

My boot process slows down at the end of plymouth theme "charging" and
finally it shines bug I don't get X cursor and gdm.

I can press Esc at this moment and the only message I see is about
deprecated "modules.conf".

System reacts on Ctrl+Alt+Del.

System boots seamlessly with the older kernel (2.6.31-14.fc12.x86_64).

--
Best regards,
Sergey Rudchenko