Boot freeze with 2.6.31-33.fc12.x86_64

Sergey Rudchenko sergey.rudchenko at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 19:55:28 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-09-23 at 21:33 +0200, martin tack wrote:
> Sergey ,try a boot in runlevel 3 , and after login as "your-user"  do
>
> $ startx .
I have changed initdefault to 3 in /etc/inittab and rebooted into the
new kernel. The same happens. No getty's are started.

I think the boot process fails before upstart. No usual greeting ('Press
I for interactive startup') is shown.

> "messages" are welcome for a compare ,also ~/.xsession-errors.
I have inspected the /var/log/messages it seems to contain only
successful boots with the older kernel. I guess the kernel boot messages
were not dumped to the disk during the hangy boots (I bet it's done
somewhere at /etc/rc.sysinit time).

> When this works (startx into gui)  ,you probably have the same issue
> as I had / have ( not sure ,but maybe it's solved ).

Seems to be not X-related :(

>  До свидания
 :)

--