Boot media testing against F12 Beta test compose, start from 2009-Sep-23

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Sep 25 19:28:20 UTC 2009

> On Thu, 2009-09-24 at 18:49 +1000, Greg wrote:
> > On 24/09/2009 6:37 PM, Liam wrote:
> > > Because LiveCD is not enough for install testing. If you think DVD
> > > is too big to burn, you can download netinstt.iso and burn into CD
> > > to boot system and store your DVD.iso to a nfs server. Press [Tab]
> > > when boot from CDROM, add
> > > "method=nfs:nfs.server.address:/path/of/DVDiso " to boot
> > > commandline
> > > Liam
>
> > DvD is rather small but its a bit slow for me to download. but if the
> > CD's 1 to CD4 was made surely a LiveCD could of been made to as a lot
> > prefer to download the LiveCD than the DvD or all those Disc's
>
> Nightly live CD builds are done automatically in any case, and available
> at:
>
> http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/nightly-composes/
>
> it's fine to just test with those, if you really can't test the Test
> Compose, but we do need testing on the Test Compose images specifically
> to identify any problems unique to the traditional-installer builds.

Please not that the entire point of the test compose is to explicitly
test DVD based installs as well as split CD based installs.  Things
which don't get tested each and every night like network installs can by
due to rawhide, or livecd installs which can be tested from the
snapshots and the nightly composes.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!