ProvenTesters Draft (Was: Join Proven Packagers DRAFT)

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Apr 1 16:11:02 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-04-01 at 09:48 -0600, Adam Miller wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 4:50 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
> <SNIP>
> > "Fedora CURRENT_RELEASE+1" <-- the official name is Branched, you can
> > just say 'Fedora Branched', and link to the Branched page -
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/Branched . You can put a little
> > explanation of what Branched is in brackets if you feel it necessary, I
> > guess.
> >

> Fixed in the wiki page.

Actually, now I think about it, the group is intended to be used for
stable releases too. Should we write it as if that's already in place?
Something like:

"The Proven Testers are a dedicated group of the Fedora Quality
Assurance Community who work towards making sure updated Critical Path
packages for stable Fedora releases and the upcoming stable release
('Branched') are not broken"?

> > The line "The QA group  within FAS  will grant the ability to add karma
> > inside of Bodhi to the Critical Path packages within Fedora
> > CURRENT_RELEASE+1." seems out of place - is it an orphan?
>
> That verbage was a little off and has been clarified (at least in my
> mind, but verification from others is welcome!)

I think it should say 'ProvenTesters group', not 'QA group'. The point
of the proventesters project is to fulfill this role (of giving
'weighted' feedback); the way Bodhi currently uses the QA and releng
groups to do this is just a short-term bodge. When we put ProvenTesters
in place, it will be members of that group whose feedback is weighted,
not QA/releng members.