F-13 Branched report: 20100401 changes

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Apr 1 17:42:30 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-04-01 at 16:47 +0000, Branched Report wrote:

> New package packETH
>         A GUI packet generator tool
> New package perl-Devel-Caller-IgnoreNamespaces
>         Make available a function which can ignore name-spaces that
> you tell it about
> New package perl-Number-Bytes-Human
>         Convert byte count to human readable format
> New package perl-Sub-Prototype
>         Allows you to set a subs prototype
> New package perl-Test-SharedFork
>         Fork test
> New package python-SocksiPy
>         A Python SOCKS module
> New package rubygem-mixlib-authentication
>         Simple per-request authentication
> New package rubygem-uuidtools
>         A simple universally unique ID generation library
> New package umit
>         Nmap front-end

These are all packages that are leaking through from F12-updates.  This
is because the nightly branched compose still uses inheritance to look
for "latest builds" in dist-f13, and these new packages show up.  Back
when we branched I hard tagged all the current builds into dist-f13 so
that we wouldn't get any leaking from non-new updates, I just simply
forgot about the new package case.  To fix this, I've edited the mash
config to not use inheritance when composing branched, so that the only
things that will show up in the branched repo are those which are
specifically tagged with dist-f13, ergo things that have gone through
bodhi for F13.  This is going live tonight, so you might see a number of
these "new packages" be removed, until such time as they make it through
bodhi for F13.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!