packagekit freezing system? f13

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 13:18:13 UTC 2010

On 3 April 2010 09:16, cornel panceac <cpanceac at gmail.com> wrote:
> i usually don't use packagekit. i think it's bloated, not flexible, ugly,
> and mostly useless.

Great, thanks. It's a great Easter present to find this kind of email
in my inbox. It really motivates me to just unsubscribe from the
fedora-testing mailing list.

> unfortunately, this gave me (two times) a frozen system. no mouse,
> no keyboard, no activity. could be something else the system freeze reason?
> anybody else saw such a behaviour packagekit related?

PackageKit does very little extra that yum already does. Does your
system also freeze when you do an identical update? Is your system
perhaps getting critically hot during a package upgrade? Have you
checked all the system RAM?

Richard.