F13-Question: Cannot start a new yum immediately after an old "yum update" ends

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 13:27:13 UTC 2010

On 3 April 2010 08:59, David Timms <dtimms at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> Would it make sense for this triggering of PackageKit check to be held
> of for say 5 minutes after the end of a yum command, so that the user
> finds an immediately responsive yum sub-system ?

I think PK in F13 defaults to something like 5 seconds, but it's
configurable in /etc/PackageKit/PackageKit.conf:

# The time in seconds to wait when we get the StateHasChanged method
#
# This should be used when a native tool has been used, and the update UIs
# should be updated to reflect reality.
#
# default=5
StateChangedTimeoutPriority=5

# The time in seconds to wait after the computer has been resumed or any non
# package related system event
#
# We don't want to be doing an update check at the busy time after a resume
#
# default=600
StateChangedTimeoutNormal=600

Richard.