F13-Question: Cannot start a new yum immediately after an old "yum update" ends

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 18:53:11 UTC 2010

On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 3:27 PM, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3 April 2010 08:59, David Timms <dtimms at iinet.net.au> wrote:
>> Would it make sense for this triggering of PackageKit check to be held
>> of for say 5 minutes after the end of a yum command, so that the user
>> finds an immediately responsive yum sub-system ?
>
> I think PK in F13 defaults to something like 5 seconds, but it's
> configurable in /etc/PackageKit/PackageKit.conf:

Does it re download the data or just use the cached ones by yum?

It does not make much sense to download new data after a yum update
because chances are that the local metadata is still up2date.

This should make the whole operation shorter so that it fixes both the
GUI being out of date and does not block yum for a long time.