F13-BetaRC5 Installer and keyboard mapping bug

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Apr 8 18:57:27 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-04-08 at 21:11 +0300, Petri Laine wrote:
> I tested a recent nightly-compose, desktop-x86_64-20100406.18.iso, and
> also F13-BetaRC5 and had a problem with keyboard mappings. I chose
> Finnish keyboard during installation and also wanted to test encrypted
> /home and swap partitions. During the first boot I couldn't get
> throught the LUKS passphrase prompt until I typed the characters as if
> I were using US key mappings.
>
> Then the GDM login screen showed USA keyboard. Also
>
> $ cat /etc/sysconfig/keyboard
> KEYTABLE="us"
> MODEL="pc105+inet"
> LAYOUT="us"
> KEYBOARDTYPE="pc"
>
> There was a month old F13 Alpha bug about the gdm login and Belgium
> (Bug 571900, I commented this also there), but does this happen with
> other non-US languages/keyboards as well? The LUKS thing is quite bad
> if you don't know which keys you should use.
>
> (Fedora 12 installer worked ok)

Gah. I don't know why this seems to keep happening, we had similar bugs
in F12 period. I did test an install in French, but set US keyboard
layout (since that's what keyboard I have), so didn't see this.

Can you please file bugs, if they're not filed already, so we can get
this fixed and documented?