kernel-2.6.34-0.28.rc3.git3.fc14 does not boot, where are oops stored?

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 8 22:49:40 UTC 2010

Dear folks,

The kernel:

kernel-2.6.34-0.28.rc3.git3.fc14
--------------------------------
* Mon Apr 05 2010 Chuck Ebbert <cebbert at redhat.com>  2.6.34-0.28.rc3.git3
- Linux 2.6.34-rc3-git3

* Sat Apr 03 2010 Chuck Ebbert <cebbert at redhat.com>
- Build all of the DVB frontend drivers instead of just the automatically
  selected ones. (#578755)

* Sat Apr 03 2010 Chuck Ebbert <cebbert at redhat.com>
- Linux 2.6.34-rc3-git2
- New config option: CONFIG_EEEPC_WMI=m on x86 and x86_64
- Also set CONFIG_EEEPC_LAPTOP=m on both 32- and 64-bit x86.

* Thu Apr 01 2010 Matthew Garrett <mjg at redhat.com>
- drm-intel-acpi-populate-didl.patch: Fix brightness hotkeys on some machines
- linux-2.6-usb-wwan-update.patch: Update wwan code and fix qcserial

* Wed Mar 31 2010 Matthew Garrett <mjg at redhat.com>
- drm-intel-make-lvds-work.patch: Make sure LVDS gets turned back on

* Tue Mar 30 2010 Kyle McMartin <kyle at redhat.com>
- nuke linux-2.6-g5-therm-shutdown.patch, upstream now
- nuke linux-2.6-dell-laptop-rfkill-fix.patch, upstream in different form
- nuke linux-2.6-nfs4-callback-hidden.patch, upstream now
- rebase hda_intel-prealloc-4mb-dmabuffer.patch
- rebase linux-2.6-execshield.patch
- rebase linux-2.6-input-kill-stupid-messages.patch
- rebase die-floppy-die.patch
- rebase linux-2.6-crash-driver.patch
- nuke some other upstream patches, or patches that have been unapplied
  for a very long time

=========

Does not boot and dies with snd_hda_intel panic/oops.  I have to ask where does the data for the oops get stored?

I am looking in /tmp/ but see not kernel???oops related stuff.  Why?
I want to see how I can help track the issue, and by taking a picture is not enough and abrt does not kick in that the system had a kernel panic/crash/oops.

Thank you for helping out.
All of the kernels after
kernel-2.6.34-0.4.rc0.git2.fc14.x86_64 sadly don't boot on this machine.  For the other one running rawhide everything is working correctly as far as I can see.

Regards,

Antonio