F13 Beta Anaconda Screen Selection

Mauriat Miranda mirandam at mjmwired.com
Wed Apr 14 00:12:24 UTC 2010

Testing out F13-Beta-64.  I was puzzled why I could only see my mouse
cursor and no Anaconda on the monitor.  Obviously the x-server was
loaded.

Then I realized that even though my DVI connected TV was powered *off*
it was selected as primary screen, instead of my CRT (which was
powered on).  So Anaconda was on another screen.

In some ways I am happy that dual-head works out of the box (nouveau),
but I had to physically unplug my DVI cable before I could get my CRT
to be used for installation.

My question is:  Is this the correct behavior we want?
If so, how could I tell Anaconda to use my CRT as primary?

I'm hesitant to call this a bug.

I plan on running many more installs before F13 is released.  This
will be incredibly annoying.

--
Mauriat Miranda
http://www.mjmwired.net/linux