F13 Beta Anaconda Screen Selection

Kamil Paral kparal at redhat.com
Wed Apr 14 12:34:51 UTC 2010

----- "drago01" <drago01 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 2:12 AM, Mauriat Miranda
> <mirandam at mjmwired.com> wrote:
> > Testing out F13-Beta-64.  I was puzzled why I could only see my
> mouse
> > cursor and no Anaconda on the monitor.  Obviously the x-server was
> > loaded.
> >
> > Then I realized that even though my DVI connected TV was powered
> *off*
> > it was selected as primary screen, instead of my CRT (which was
> > powered on).  So Anaconda was on another screen.
> >
> > In some ways I am happy that dual-head works out of the box
> (nouveau),
> > but I had to physically unplug my DVI cable before I could get my
> CRT
> > to be used for installation.
> >
> > My question is:  Is this the correct behavior we want?
> > If so, how could I tell Anaconda to use my CRT as primary?
> >
> > I'm hesitant to call this a bug.
>
> This *is* a bug, so fill it.

It is very unfortunate that displays are not mirrored in installation
process any more. There is no reason to have spanned desktop when installing system. I even asked anaconda developers some time ago.
I don't remember the answer precisely, but I guess it was something
like it was too complex to change it just for the installation
process.