F13 Beta Anaconda Screen Selection

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Apr 14 17:56:31 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-04-14 at 08:34 -0400, Kamil Paral wrote:

> It is very unfortunate that displays are not mirrored in installation
> process any more. There is no reason to have spanned desktop when installing system. I even asked anaconda developers some time ago.
> I don't remember the answer precisely, but I guess it was something
> like it was too complex to change it just for the installation
> process.

That's basically it, yeah. There's no very simple way to specify clone
mode instead of spanned mode for X, X just doesn't provide a simple way
to do it. We'd have to create an xorg.conf file only to be used during
Anaconda, I think that'd be the simplest way to do it, and doing that
isn't terribly straightforward.