Unable to boot F13 Beta from USB

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 23:59:27 UTC 2010

On 04/15/2010 05:18 AM, Richard Ryniker wrote:

> Even though the Beta release is only two days old, a "yum update"
> retrieved 499 packages to process.  This surprised me (I guess Fedora
> testers and developers are working quickly) - it would have been nice to
> get a good part of this half-gigabyte of newer code into the Beta media.
> I am sure there are multiple reasons for this; ours is an imperfect
> world.

An important reason why you see that many updates is because there is a
freeze period for a while before the beta release process to focus on
stabilization and getting a release out that meets the beta release
criteria.  During the freeze period, a very small number of specific
updates are rolled in to fix the blocker bugs.  A lot of the other
updates that gets built meanwhile are batched and pushed out just after
the beta release.  These should be focused on important bugs and
security fixes however.

> After I removed the gupnp packages from the update set (this problem was
> reported earlier on this list), the update was successful.  There were
> annoying delays (timeouts, I guess) of about one minute during update of
> sendmail, and two minutes during cleanup of sendmail.  The update process
> was somewhat noisy.  Here are relevent lines:

Please file bug reports on these.

Rahul