bogus images/README file on DVD

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Sun Apr 18 01:06:05 UTC 2010

Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 06:17:02 -0700
> Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:
>
>> Maybe the mirror you looked at was incomplete?
>
> I wasn't looking at a mirror. I was looking at the DVD image.
> If they are gonna leave boot.iso off the DVD, they should
> leave the README off as well, since all it talks about is
> boot.iso :-).

I'm with you. If you're going to tell people they need something, but
not include it, you just frustrate another bunch of users. And I think
there's room for it on the DVD, or at least the tiny bit more you need
and a script to build the CD/USB.

Hopefully more effort will go into the production release, ease of use
starts with install.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>