Firstboot query

Tony Molloy tony.molloy at ul.ie
Fri Apr 23 11:50:25 UTC 2010

Hi,

Just a small regression. I've noticed during firstboot you are no longer able
to set the security settings, selinux and open ports. I was just wondering
what is the reason for this.

What it means is when you install a machine.

a.  you can't login as root to the GUI ( ok I can accept that )

b. you can't ssh in as root over the network.

So you have to login as an ordinary user, su to root, allow port 22 through
iptables and restart iptables.

Now if you are installing a lab of machines ;-(

Regards,

Tony

PS. I noticed this behaviour has also slipped into Redhat 6 Beta.

--

Chief Technical Officer.                   Tel: +353 061-202778
Dept. of Comp. Sci.