Failed update for F13

Al Dunsmuir al.dunsmuir at sympatico.ca
Fri Apr 23 16:07:16 UTC 2010

On Friday, April 23, 2010, 9:43:26 AM, Paul Frields wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 07:48:03AM +0200, Joachim Backes wrote:

>> >There is a gnome-icon-theme update in updates-testing which fixes this.
>>
>> 1. updates-testing is (and hes been) enabled by default on my box
>> 2. So "yum update gnome-icon-theme" makes nothing.

> That particular testing update just hasn't made it to all the
> repositories near you yet.  You should see it in the next day or so.
> If you can't wait, you can download it from koji here:

> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=168043

> (I went to the main koji.fp.o page and searched for gnome-icon-theme.)

I've had the same problem for the last 2 days.  I added bodhi comments
re  the  the original problem, and that it works with explicit install
of this file (as you suggested).

The  problem is that while the build in koji is supposed to be sent to
updates-testing,  are  we  absolutely  sure  that  the update has been
correctly  promoted?  There  have  been some postings about files that
hadn't  made  it  (timing,  or  wrong update promoted). Having someone
independently  verify  that  they  were able to update both from a F13
updates-testing shadow would help.

Al