Somethings wrong with compiz in f13 (at least for me)

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Sun Apr 25 00:51:21 UTC 2010

I've had some total lockups over the past weeks, but nothing I could put
my hands on.

I've now got a situation where while running with compiz, I can lock the
system every time but starting mozilla, and then opening a new window.
You can open new windows in the following ways, to make this happen:

1. File > New Windows
2. CTRL+n
3. Close firefox with multiple windows open and save session.  Enable
compiz and then start mozilla.

If I turn desktop effects off, then I have no problems.

Strangely, I tried testing this in a new user to see if it's my user or
not and I can't even get the new user running compiz.  It fails every
time I try with either a hard lockup, or I have to kill -9 <pid for
compiz>

I've tried removing recently install packages that look related, but so
far I've had not success.

I've got an ATI graphics card.

Anyone else experiencing the same issues?

Any thoughts on how to address.

R.