Somethings wrong with compiz in f13 (at least for me)

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wolfgang.rupprecht at gmail.com
Sun Apr 25 03:43:15 UTC 2010

Tom Horsley <horsley1953 at gmail.com> writes:
> On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 10:51:21 +1000
> Rodd Clarkson wrote:
>
>> Anyone else experiencing the same issues?
>
> My collection of ATI cards has completely different
> behaviors from just operating kind of "funny" to
> total system lockup. The situation is maybe improving
> (though at least one of my cards got worse in f13),
> but I suspect a lot of time is the main ingredient
> required for ATI cards to be reliable again (or
> nvidia or intel for that matter :-).

The most recent F13 compiz locks up my ATI Radeon display (and keyboard)
too.  I can still ssh in and poke around but everything including
switching displays is no possible from the console.  The cpu is mostly
idle, so it isn't a case of something looping endlessly and chewing up
cpu.  Logging in to an account that doesn't use compiz lets me use the
computer for hours without problem.

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht
If the airwaves belong to the public why does the public only get 3